Practice Fees and Payments
Medeco Medical Centre is a Bulk-Billing practice for all patients who are holders of valid Medicare or Department of Veterans Affair's cards.
It is the Policy of the Practice that all patients who request to be bulked billed must provide one of the following:
- A valid Medicare card
- A photo of a valid Medicare card or
- A Medicare print out of your number from Medicare
Without the above patients will either have the option of attending the Medicare office located at 598 High Street, Penrith to obtain the required information or privately paying for their consultation on the day of appointment.
For all new born babies who have yet to be registered with Medicare will be privately billed for all consultations with the doctor until Medicare provide the parents with the above requirements.
For all new patients a Medicare card and a secondary form of identification will be requested upon completion of your new patient form (this excluding children under 16).
Should your doctor refer you to a Specialist or for investigations, a fee may apply.
Payment is required on the day of the consultation and can be made by cash, EFTPOS or Credit Card (excluding Diners cards).
Private Consultations fee charges are as follows:
- Standard Consultation Fee: $75.00
- Long Consultation Fee: $95.00
- Prolonged Consultation Fee: $125.00
All work cover patients are requested to advise reception if they think their consultation will be a work cover matter.
Services that are NOT bulk billed
- Patients without a valid Medicare Card
- Work related injury (will be billed to the patient at the current AMA Rates on day of visit, unless the patient can provide the doctor with an insurance company and claim number for their injury and liability has been accepted
- Certification and reports. e.g. Drivers medical assessment (Excludes General RTA forms)
- Pre-employment medicals, leisure activity related medical assessments, insurance and other medico legal reports
- Complex/lengthy consultations. The doctor you see will inform you of his/her individual policy in this regard where relevant
- Home visits
- Duplication/transfer of medical documents
- Other special requests (which would have to be evaluated on a case to case basis).
Fees for Missed appointments
To ensure we provide the best possible service, the surgery has a "failure to attend" policy.
First time failure to give notice—when either cancelling or postponing an appointment with any of our doctors—will incur a warning letter sent to the patient.
Second failure to give notice—when either cancelling or postponing an appointment with any of our doctors—will incur a non-refundable fee of $20.00 per patient.
Third failure to give notice—when either cancelling or postponing an appointment with any of our doctors—will incur a non-refundable fee of $55.00 per patient.
Any subsequent missed appointment—with any of our doctors—will incur a non-refundable fee of $55.00 per patient.
(These fees will be payable prior to making your next appointment).